- Membership fees are due and payable on the individual's anniversary date of initial membership.
- Members who are 30 days in arrears will be contacted by the secretary or Membership Registrar. Members who are 60 days in arrears will be dropped from the membership database.
- Active members of Canadian Administrators of Volunteer Resources (CAVR) who have achieved certification and re-certification are entitled to use the designation CAVR - Certified Administrator of Volunteer Resources.
- Certification is professional recognition of the achievement of specific standards of competence, as set out by the Certification committee of the Association and ratified by the CAVR Board of Directors. The following criteria will have been met by the successful candidate:
- Active membership in CAVR.
- Responsibility for the management of volunteer resources for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Completion of fifty (50) hours of workshops and/or course study in professional development within the last three (3) years.
- Written philosophy statement relating to the field of volunteer management.
- Written and/or oral demonstration of knowledge and experience in administration of volunteer resources.
- Payment of the certification fee.
Certification is valid for a period of three years, then it must be renewed. These criteria are as follows:
- Active membership with CAVR.
- 25 hours of continuing education every 3 years.
- Awareness of current challenges in the field of administration of volunteer resources.
- Application / Re-certification Fee.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Duties of the Conference and Annual General Meeting Planning Committee Chair
- The CAVR Conference Chair shall be appointed by the Executive and ratified by the Board in consultation with provincial/national/international body involved in co-sponsoring the conference.
- Conference Chair shall have attended at least one CAVR conference.
- Conference Chair shall liaise on an ongoing basis with the designated CAVR Executive member.
- Conference Chair shall be a Certified Administrator of Volunteer Resources (CAVR) or working towards certification.
- Conference Chair shall present a projected conference budget to the CAVR Executive. The Board prior to the release of any conference seed money shall then ratify the budget.
- Conference Chair shall ensure that the Certification Chair approves the professional development component of the conference.
- The experience and skills of many CAVR members are a recognized and valuable educational resource. The Conference Chair shall make every effort to encourage members as conference presenters/facilitators.
- The Conference Chair will ensure that the Annual General Meeting and Certification ceremonies of the Association are planned as important components of the overall Conference.
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee shall be the immediate Past President of the Association.
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee shall appoint 3 active members to the Committee. There shall be no more than one member from any province.
- The Nominating Committee shall notify the active membership, at least 90 days prior to the Annual General Meeting, of the request for names of active members to be nominated as proposed directors.
- Membership on the Nominating Committee precludes an individual's eligibility for nomination as a director of the Association.
- Any active member may be nominated in accordance with Article 2
a) of the By-laws.
- Any nominee may let his/her name stand for one position only.
- Nominations shall include:
7.1 Written consent of the nominee to stand for election to the office for which she/he has been nominated.
7.2 Written resume of the nominee to accompany the nomination.
7.3 An optional letter of support from the nominee's employer/supervisor assuring personal and financial support to the nominee and an awareness of the responsibility of office.
- Nominations shall close 60 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- When two (2) or more persons present their candidacy for the same office, the Chair of the Nominating Committee shall forward their resumes along with the nomination documents to the Election Committee.
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee shall submit a written report of recommendation to the Election Committee.
- The Election Committee shall notify the membership of an election and post the resumes of each candidate not less than thirty (30) days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- The Election Committee shall prepare ballots to be circulated to and voted on by the active members at the Annual General Meeting.
- Absent active members may vote by proxy. Proxy votes will be counted after the standing vote.
- The members of the Election Committee at the Annual General Meeting shall tabulate the result of the ballots.
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee shall announce the slate of elected directors at the Annual General Meeting.
- In the event of a tie for any one position, the Nominations Chair shall conduct an election by ballot at the Annual General Meeting. The President of CAVR shall vote only in the case of a tie for any one position.
Reasonable Expense, as indicated in the By-laws, is expenses incurred by a director in the performance of his/her duties on behalf of the Association. In the determination of the Board of Directors, these expenses are held to be reasonable and must be supported by receipts.